Attack Of The Giant Sandwich!
Sandwiches are great, they’re cheap, quick, healthy and delicious but after a while they can get a little bit dreary. Also, sometimes they can leave a little to be desired in terms not quite being satisfied enough.
We’ve solved this issue with this giant, veg packed sandwich that will certainly keep your hunger satisfied right up until dinner time. Enjoy this tasty concoction that is definitely something a little different.
Ingredients (makes 3-4 sandwiches):
- Fresh Bread, sliced thickly
- 3 Courgette
- 4 Yellow Pepper
- 1 cup of ricotta, liquid drained
- 1 cup of sun dried tomatoes and their oil
- 1 tbs red chili flakes
- 1 tbs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 2 avocados
- 1 bunch of watercress
- 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- Slice pepper and courgette thin, long ribbons. Sprinkle with salt and cover with the juice of a lemon and put in a colander and allow any excess water to drain.
- Meanwhile, mix thyme, ricotta and a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine sun dried tomatoes and red chili flakes in a food processor, with a bit of the oil that the tomatoes are soaking in, and combine until it turns into a paste.
- Assemble the sandwich with a layer of herbed ricotta, slices of pepper and courgette, a layer of watercress, avocado slices, sun-dried tomato spread.