Make Ahead Breakfast Bakes
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, many of us when faced with the big decision, will choose sleep over making time to eat. So we arrive to work, hungry, sleepy and a wee bit cranky.
If you’re a lazy sleepy head who finds it hard to peel yourself out of the nest in the morning, like many of us here in the North-West Jobs office, then these are ideal for you.
Make a batch at the start of every week and hey presto you have some ready made breakfasts that you can grab in the morning and eat on the go.
Plus they’re tasty, healthy and packed with protein. So whip them up and enjoy.
- 1 large potato, peeled
- cherry tomatoes, optional (but yummy)
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 chopped red pepper
- handful of chopped mushrooms
- Any other veg you like
- 6 eggs
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C . Spray 8 cups of a standard muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or grease the tin with butter.
- Grate the peeled potato. Rinse with cold water and dry. (You can pat them dry with paper towels or spin using a salad spinner.) Divide the shredded potatoes between the prepared muffin cups.
- Drop a tomato, if using, into each cup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and then bake for 5-6 minutes.
- While the potatoes pre-bake, whisk together the veg and egg, making sure to lightly beat the eggs.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven, divide the egg mixture among each cup, sprinkle with the cheese, and bake for 12-14 minutes. The eggs will puff up in the oven. When they are done the center will not jiggle.
- Take the breakfast bakes from the oven and after they have cooled for just a minute, loosen around the edges with a knife and lift from the pan.
- Serve immediately or let them cool completely before wrapping and freezing.
- Microwave to reheat.